Subject: Re: Hawaii
Date: Jan 28, 2003 @ 17:13
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Arif Samad
<fHoiberg@y...> wrote:

And
> yes, to me, the EEZ boundaries are just a bit more
> interesting. Since the idea of boundaries are
> man-made anyway, EEZ boundaries to me has about as
> much validity as boundary as territorial sea. But
> that's just me.

well i think grant might join you
nor would i disagree really
if you guys would just go the whole hog & throw in the protruding
continental shelves

but i think the limits of actual sovereign territory
aka the territorial sea boundaries usually 12nm from baselines
have more territorial validity than the limits of sovereign rights
which are somewhat vaguer conceptually
& which extend not only 200nm offshore but often far beyond
& therefore i perceive the 12nm territorial lines as harder edged
as well as somewhat more predictable
& certainly more favorable from the greater everyonese viewpoint

By the way, Hawaii, I believe, is
> fragmented due to Midway, if we take EEZs into
> consideration.

the entire united states eez surrounding both is unbroken
but i agree hawaii is interrupted by midway anyway