Subject: interstate tertiary megapoints of the usa continued
Date: Jan 18, 2003 @ 15:11
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

well jack
i am not sure i can name all 18 of yours
as promised in our recent messages 8663 thru 8665

in fact i am pretty sure i am still missing a few

but i do believe i have found 18 that qualify
& it was far from easy
so i have at least earned the right to report them
& hopefully you will be able to crown them with those i missed
so we will have perhaps 21 in all

first
the international megapoints on caus
yes plural
for in addition to your caus2albcmt3flglkowa
which members will recall was tried by zoomer last fall
there also appears to be a companion
caus2nyqcvt3clgrmist
on maptech 100k scale at least
which members will also recall is being tried on the ice by jay
perhaps even as we speak
since subzero fahrenheit is whats happening hereabouts lately
contrary to my prediction

but anyway
back on point
14 others i think you will probably have
are led by our 3 beloved & well known secondary multipoints
us2azconmut3apmosasa
us2gancsc3jamaocra &
us2dcmdvan3arfamowa

& are rounded out by 11 merely stateline megapoints so far
us2arla3bocalami
us2arla3asmounun
us2idut3becafrri
us2ksne3jerethwa
us2mtnd3mcrirowi
us2nesd3bechshsh
us2nesd3chketotr
us2ncsc3anchmari
us2ncsc3codihoro
us2ndsd3cacoemsi
us2vawv3beclfrje

& a final pair you may not be including in your count
are the putative state corner megapoints
which fall at cone
or us2cone3dekepese
& at gasw
or us2flga3degajase
& which arent shown as such by usgs
but are surmisable from other evidence

so i think i may have missed 2 or 3 of yours in all

as for my full count of all the tertiary megapoints of the usa
called quadricounty points in shorthand but including all types
both all the above as well as those inventoried in message 547
i would guess the grand total now stands at about 190

but there are a few outstanding cases with small uncertainties
& my methodolgy was as usual just hit or miss
so i will be very interested in your overall findings here too

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=14&n=5088260&e=38353

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=33.01&lon=-92.07&s=25

http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?z=15&n=3653024&e=42468