Subject: Re: Enclaves/exclaves again
Date: Jan 17, 2003 @ 15:21
Author: acroorca2002 <orc@orcoast.com> ("acroorca2002 <orc@...>" <orc@...>)

haha
fortunately we are not trypointing for a headache tho

& all these reflections are just a natural outgrowth of the desire
expressed by jan & felt by many for some sort of consensus &
clarity about what we all mean when referring to all the various
kinds of claves etc

& you have already taken that process to the very end of the land

& fortunately again
the most daunting part of the aqueous clave roundup has
already been completed by grant in his frags & perfs inventories

so really there remains only the task of linking his typologies with
the scheme you have already also very well developed
allowing for the eventual addition of territorial seas claves on top
of his strictly eez based variety
then remembering not to forget an occasional clave anomaly
like the ile de la conference
& finally ransacking our collective memory for all the various
sorts of near claves & virtual claves & false claves & claves for a
day etc etc we can think of so at least they are all unmistakeably
acknowledged in the basic glossary
& voila the typology & dictionary at least are complete
even if the full inventories may take forever to be known

& yes
that last part might prove to be a headache
but not our headache because not part of our present try

in fact for some odd fellows it might even prove to be a delight

btw i believe i may have stumbled across some traces of the
prospective south american clave archipelago in messages
3277 3326 3328 & 3329
where you can read both the pros & the cons
tho the islands themselves have evidently been lost in an
expired link

possibly they are the same as the 66 islands mentioned in
http://www.itaipu.gov.br/english/meio41.htm
in which case they number 44 brazilians & 22 paraguayans
within the purported brpy condominial reservoir on the rio parana
called lake itaipu

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Rolf Palmberg
<rpalmber@a...> wrote:
> Your paragraph below accurately pinpoints
> the potential headache.
> Rolf
>

> >anyway the problem of course is
> >once you admit lakes &or rivers
> >it is hard to stop admitting before reaching territorial seas
> >which must enclose quite a few so called coastal fragments
too
> >& once you arrive there
> >well then you have all the other seas to allow or disallow as
well
> >or at least to qualify their effects with descriptive
nomenclature