Subject: Re: Somewhat OT: Where does space begin
Date: Jan 16, 2003 @ 02:28
Author: Karolis B. <kbajoraz@yahoo.com> ("Karolis B. <kbajoraz@...>" <kbajoraz@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002 <orc@o...>"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> hey john
> thats not in the old testament at all
> & i dont know of any upward limit on sovereign air space
> except of course what one can practically maintain control over
>
> worse yet
> because space expands the farther from the earth you go
> the sizes of the countries are actually bigger up there

yea, but to know by how much they expand and where to set the
borders, you would have to know where the space ends, and it doesn't.
And if the height of the sovereignty is unlimited then all of the
planets in the universe also fall in to some country, and into
different countries at different times.
But to me it would make a lot of sense if the sovereignty ended where
the domain of our planet ends - the outer limit of the atmosphere,
tho I don't think that is set anywhere legaly. But isn't there some
UN resolution about usage of outer space and other palnets or
something?

Also keep in mind that since air space and ground depths are federal,
administrational divisions don't really exist. Because they can't
because they are two dimensional in three dimensional space. Or maybe
you could say that the top layer of molecules on the ground belongs
to the state, district or whatever, everything else is federal.