Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: atchit
Date: Jan 06, 2003 @ 08:41
Author: Ernst Stavro Blofeld (Ernst Stavro Blofeld <blofeld_es@...>)

> it seems to be the very trijunction diagram
> with the tripoint itself at close range
>
> if so then it must be situated horizontally
> somewhere
> to be correct
>
> but where
>
> on the monument with the cross
> or elsewhere on the peak

In my experience there are several occurences of
plates fastened onto the rock, instead of regular
border stones in the high Alps. Probably because
of the environmental conditions, where plates would be
more durable.

My guess is that the monument (plate) i Wolfgangs
document marks the exact spot of the tripoint, and
that the cross is a symbolic marker some distance
away.