Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Swedish exclave in Haparanda? -> Enclaves/exclave classes
Date: Jan 03, 2003 @ 08:42
Author: Jan S. Krogh ("Jan S. Krogh" <jan.krogh@...>)

Mike,

This sounds very interesting! I agree that if somebody should create enclave/exclave definitions it should be the members of BP!
E.g. we could name the different pene/pyritic/virtual/quasi/ enclaves classes,
like  class I, class II;
or
pene(/etc.) enclave of Port Roberts class, of Jungholz class, of international tongues of land (shortened ITL) class etc.

Personally I like the prefix quasi better, I think it is the most understandable for non English native speakers.

What is important is to make exact definitions of each class, because even if Rolf's definitions are good, I feel they are not always very precise, but of course better than Mr. Biger's. It seems that now we have finished more or less the search for international enclaves/exclaves, so maybe it is time to take a closer look on all these sub enclaves/exclaves.

Jan
http://home.no.net/enklaver