Subject: Re: PLh
Date: Dec 14, 2002 @ 15:58
Author: Grant Hutchison <granthutchison@blueyond ("Grant Hutchison <granthutchison@...>" <granthutchison@...>)

> or would it matter to you if it turned out that the river bed &
> even the water surface are slightly depressed along thalwegs tho
> not along median lines
Well, I've been taking the water surface as limiting the lowest
point, which is pretty standard practice - otherwise the lowest point
in the USA would be listed as -225m, at the bottom of Lake Superior
(or even somewhere out on the continental shelf if we consider
maritime claims).

> the montecristo tripoint is defined in the tripartite treaty as the
> cerro or summit
> per ibs no 82
This is good. Can you point me at IBS #82, and the others?

> i may have seen a brgyve pic that confirms your impression of it
> as being below the summit
http://www.woodskunk.addr.com/jbj/biketrip/Pictures/tr13/DCP_0931.JPG
(Unless they took a ladder with them, to stand on while they took the
picture.)

Grant