Subject: Re: PLh
Date: Dec 14, 2002 @ 03:55
Author: Karolis B. <kbajoraz@yahoo.com> ("Karolis B. <kbajoraz@...>" <kbajoraz@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002 <orc@o...>"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> thanx harry
> good show
> & i wish you would do something about that naked nle extremity
> just to run the whole table or gamut
>
> but i find the change in nll owing to human activity most peculiar
> because i know highpointers at least wont usually consider
> artificial constructions but only the natural surface of the earth
>
> so i can imagine them at least either objecting or not objecting to
> this new nll
> depending on what mood they are in
>
> my own opinion is that the human actions that create the bounds
> & areas of countries & those that create construction are all
> perfectly natural alike
> so i would agree wholeheartedly with your call & your change in
> nll
>
> but then by the same token why would the highest skyscraper in
> amsterdam not qualify for nlh
>
> yes i know we have been here before
> but perhaps it is considerations like these that make compiling
> reliable vertical extremity rosters so difficult

coming from this, Jan, do you know what's the altitude of the very
top of Vilnius TV tower? something like 500 m? (construction height =
310 or smthg and ground altitide ~200 is it?) And does anyone know
Lithuania's lowest point (LTL)?
BTW, talking about that TV tower... do any of GBBE participants
bungee-jump? How about a 280m jump? (That's by the way,that's jumping
from higher than LT's highest point:) I will personally award the
jumper with a case of Lithuanian Svyturio beer. Doug?;)

(Bill, Mike, I know this off border-topic, but I'd lie if I said I
was sorry, so just exuse me;)