Subject: Re: Nomenclature
Date: Dec 04, 2002 @ 11:30
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

doctor
our search function & nomenclature are often equally ridiculous
but a thalweg is just the deepest & swiftest part of any stream
aka the center of the navigation channel
& is usually visible as a sort of crease on the surface of the water
or else as a line in the lowest part of the dry bed

this line is frequently tho not always found near midstream
but treaties often specify it as the official boundary
rather than the middle of the river or a bank etc
so that both parties will have equal access for transport
& also for ease of precise identification

message 4734 explains the classes of trypointing visits
often somewhat tongue in cheek yet somewhat useful too
& hardly authoritative by any standard

but they are in a word
a absolute
b basic