Subject: Re: SV: SV: SV: [BoundaryPoint] UAE Internal Borders
Date: Dec 01, 2002 @ 06:41
Author: I M Naanu ("I M Naanu" <imnaanu@...>)

Christian:
You dont see the UAE national flag at commercial establishments in
the UAE. I think there might be some restrictions about its usage,
but I've not checked it out. Flags are available on sale during
National Day celebrations Dec 2- (Hey, thats tomorrow- Holiday!!!)
In Madha, however, I saw a lot of Omani flags- on the roundabouts,
buildings, etc. Maybe they have a separate policy.

(Last time I went into Madha, I did not have Omani insurance. Luckily
nothing happened or else I would have been stuck. I suppose this is
yet another quirk or a risk of crossing investigating international
borders, eh Christian?)

Re: material about Dibba & Kalba, Hamriyah and Al Khan, I'll post
these to you personally. I don't want to accidently step on any
oversensitive political toes anymore!

Al Khan is actually a suburb of Sharjah town and possesses some nice
examples of Arabian Architecture. Actually, you can see the location
of Al Khan on http://www.gis.gov.ae On the Northernmost seashore of
Dubai is a park called "Mamzar Park" and also an inlet of the sea to
the north. On the other side of Mamzar Park, facing the sea and the
inlet is Al Khan. I think it might not be indicated on this map, but
thats the location. It's quite small, actually!

Regards,
-IMN

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Christian Berghänel
<christian.berghanel@s...> wrote:

> Christian:
>
> I tried looking at the signboards of businesses along the side of
the
> road, looking for the point where the address would change from
> Fujairah to Sharjah, but couldn't detect any change upto the
Madha
> road junction.
> IMH,
>
> Did you try to look for the emirate's flags? Perhaps not easy at
this specific border (because Fujeirah only uses the union flag since
1975), but perhaps a good sign at other borders?
> Or perhaps the emirate's flags are not widely flown?
> Not a very good idea at Dubai/Ajman border or Sharjah/RaK border
either since they uses the same flags.