Subject: Re: Something to pass your time!
Date: Nov 30, 2002 @ 08:33
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

no apologies necessary
& maybe you can help me with my quest for the other end of that
line
the point where the baluchistans meet afghanistan
aka afirpk

i have determined that it is a monumented point on a peak called
malik siah koh
or
koh i malik siah
or
kuh i malik siah
apparently all just different ways of saying the same thing

to my eye & ear this name smacks of multiple sovereignty
seemingly something like king king king or chief chief chief or
head head head
if my linguistic guesswork serves me well
for i confess i dont even know which language it is in
not that i would understand any of them even if i did

but perhaps you or others do understand well enough to confirm
or correct my rendering of the name
&or to browse more intelligently & successfully for the photo of it
that has eluded me til now

i have come as close as zahedan iran
a city about 50km south of this malik siah
& at elevation 1643m the peak might be visible from there
but none of the pix i have seen show any mountains
while most of the descriptions in text escape my undertanding

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., I M Naanu <imnaanu@y...> wrote:

> Hello Guys,
>
> Here's some material I got from the net regarding the Gwadar
Bay. This area hosts the border between Pakistan and Iran, and
both border provinces share a common name: Balochistan.
There has been an undercurrent movement for some degree of
autonomy in Balochistan-Pakistan, which makes the Iranis
nervous.. somewhat similar to Greece's concerns over the FYR
Macedonia...

> Anyway, sorry for the chit-chat and here are the files- One is a
map excerpt from MS-Encarta and the other is a poor quality
Space Shuttle snap shot.