Subject: Re: SV: SV: [BoundaryPoint] UAE Internal Borders
Date: Nov 30, 2002 @ 07:53
Author: I M Naanu ("I M Naanu" <imnaanu@...>)

Christian:
I did not see any visible borders between Fujairah and Sharjah. At
least, not like the one I had posted earlier between Dubai & Sharjah.
I had gone there specifically looking for Madha and I was also trying
to find any border markers for Sharjah, but couldn't find any. I
tried looking at the signboards of businesses along the side of the
road, looking for the point where the address would change from
Fujairah to Sharjah, but couldn't detect any change upto the Madha
road junction.(Maybe I was inattentive to this internal border as
compared to that with Madha!)

On the way from Sharjah, though, we come to a place called Masafi,
which is in Ras Al Khaimah, but is on the border with Fujairah and a
fairly large roundabout marks the border. Again, no ground border
indicators present.

You are right. Hatta is also called "Hadjarain". There's a Wadi Hatta
flowing through Hatta.

Have heard that Sharjah has taken the initiative in demarcating its
internal borders. Can anybody throw some light on this?

If you see the internal boundaries' map, Sharjah is the only emirate
that touches all other emirates as well as Oman (Oman, Madha &
Musandam) It seems Sharjah is a crucial 'binding agent' in an
otherwise fragmented Northern Emirates!

And Lastly- my apologies to the Purists! Sorry for my 'Non Boundary'
observations.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., Christian Berghänel
<christian.berghanel@s...> wrote:

> [...]
Najarain), could this be the same as Hatta?
> And is Hatta the same as Jebel Hatta?
>
> Madha is a wholly Omani enclave within UAE. But the shape of
Madha shown in my
> posted map is incorrect.
> As with other more 'correct' maps, the NE corner of Madha is
closest
> to the Khorfakkan-Fujairah road- and this was verified by my
> photographs where you can see the border post just approx 10m
from
> the road.
>
> If I understand it right, Khor Fakkan is in the Emirate of Sharjah,
and in maps I've seen the boundary between Sharjah (Khor Fakkan area)
and Emirate of Fujeirah is between the Madha exclave and Indian
Ocean. Did you see any bordermarks at this boundary? (Not the Madha
exclave!)