Subject: Re: about sokh
Date: Nov 28, 2002 @ 12:09
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Chris Schulz" <wertkauf@g...> wrote:
> hi,
> for those of you, who speak german:
> http://www.taz.de/pt/2002/09/23/a0235.nf/text
> they speak about more then 10 enclaves in ferghana valley,
> bye, chris

Thanks for that link!
I only count seven enclaves in the area (see message 1538,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/1538 ). So there
could be at least three more, but I have never encountered them on a
map or saw them mentioned by name anywhere.

The problem seems to be that when the Soviet Union fell apart, the
old internal boundaries became international ones. But they were (as
far as I know) not demarcated on the ground, only indicated on maps.
That should be enough to give clarity about the number of enclaves,
for sure, but maybe some maps contradict eachother or are not very
accurate. I don't know.

Peter S.