Subject: Re: baarle was caus
Date: Nov 25, 2002 @ 09:06
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

Victor, I think you might have been looking at the wrong point. The
border cross is not on a road but in a field. It is where enclaves H1
and H2 are connected. See for example the map at Eef's site (
http://home.wanadoo.nl/~eefberns/baarle-map%20met%20enclave-
aanduidingen-center.jpg ). Since you were standing on a road, maybe
this was in between the Dutch enclaves N3 and N5. I visited this spot
myself once, and the near miss is something like you describe.

Peter S.