Subject: Re: National Geographic Quiz
Date: Nov 24, 2002 @ 15:51
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Karolis B." <kbajoraz@y...> wrote:
> Well, if you see some writing that you find tasteless, and are
not
> trying to disprove/defend, then why reply to such writing at all?
>
> I'm not seeing anything bad about this. This is not racism or
> anything. Just statements about a society, not prejudice. Just
like
> there's nothing wrong with saying that black people have black
skin.
> What's wrong is discriminating them because of that. And it's
usually
> not the rest of the world that discriminates America, but the
other
> way around, because of the so common American ignorance
about the
> world.
>
> Even your own foreign policy. How many Americans know what
exactly
> Bush did in the last few days? A newspaper person down here
said they
> were gonna put the NATO thing in the front page, but then
though "oh,
> nobody knows what NATO is". So, if the Americans are giving
up on
> Americans...
>
> And, heck, no one is saying that this ignorance makes you a
BAD
> nation. People are just simply amazed at it. I know I wasn't
waiting
> for any replies. If I was gonna do a discussion whether
Americans
> rock or suck, I surely wouldn't be doing it in Boundarypoint

yes thank you for the reminder
& welcome to bp

in the words of that great american
bp is an international open discussion list
for pointers & bounders
those slightly strange individuals who are interested in finding
researching photographing & discussing
geopolitical boundary points
especially those of a tristate or multipoint nature

we discuss our various mini expeditions
to these various unique points on the earth