Subject: Re: UAE Internal Borders
Date: Nov 23, 2002 @ 14:13
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., I M Naanu <imnaanu@y...> wrote:

> Here's a file showing roughly the internal boundaries of UAE-
Please note:

> 1> The 'fuzzy' part in Eastern UAE- especially the border with
Oman, where lot of fragmentation has taken place, especially
between Fujairah and Sharjah.

> 2> The strange "Jointly Administered by Oman and Ajman" bit
>
> 3> The shape of Omani enclave of Madha, which seems to
change shape in every map!

thanx dear naanu
this is easily the most detailed map we have seen of this area

a 1993 cia map of the same area shows a few slightly different
shapes & is a bit less fragmented
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/atlas_middle_east/
uae_division.jpg

& i imagine some real changes must occur there too

but i wonder if there isnt a definitive version available
somewhere
from which we might extract reliable uae tripoint positions

it looks like there may even be a megapoint or 2 in there

also about the recent pix
i found i couldnt unzip in this area
so i wonder if you or anyone might retransmit any of these
even if just the highest highlights
for those few of us who may still be zip challenged

> Cheerio,
>
> IMN
>

> OMNMShVY

ahh
ok
how about a round of 20 questions then

2
is it an abbreviation or acronym

3
if so
is it an english abbreviation or acronym

4
if not
is it a transliteration of an arabic abbreviation or acronym

5
if not
is it an abbreviation or acronym from some other language

6
is it ever rearranged or written backwards

well i seem to be slowing down already

anyway
to be continued i hope

vis tecum