Subject: Re: Berlin - TV Report "The lost Border" - Sat. Nov. 9
Date: Nov 23, 2002 @ 12:46
Author: anorak222 ("anorak222" <listen@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Wolfgang Pietsch" <wpi@b...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Doug Murray" <doug@d...> wrote:
> > Did you record this programme? I would love to see it (with some
> > German friends who can translate!).
> >
> > Doug
>
> No, unfortunately not, but PHOENIX is known they retransmit selected

I watched it. It had some interesting stories about Gleimstraße, Buckow, St=
einstücken & others, mostly done in interview style with historic photos & f=
ilms. In between the stories it had a sped up drive along the wall from loca=
tion to location. But I did not like the film style. It was zoo "artsy". The=
interviews were projected on house walls and then refilmed from there, the =
fast forward drive was intentionally "jumpy", and it had some bizarre music.=
If I were a filmmaker I'd have done it very differently.

I taped some more TV programmes about the Berlin wall which were broadcast =
around 1990/92. Specifically there were two different ones which contrasted =
"before/after" shots. I liked those better.

Maybe I can make some stills one of these days (is there an interest anyway=
). I don't think I'll get rount to making video copies in the near future. I=
have so many promises of video copies to fulfill that I didn't get round to=
, making another promise wouldn't be honest at this stage. :)

Regards