Subject: Re: CAUS - NY276 (was VTNYQC)
Date: Nov 13, 2002 @ 14:16
Author: Meridien24 ("Meridien24" <meridien24@...>)

Ya - it IS 649A. I noticed that mistake seconds after posting, but
thought I'd see if someone would figure it out :D

649B is on the other side (west) of the road, at the end of the fence
near the US Customs facility. It's close enough to the road, that
it's likely been hit by some drivers headed south...

And about VTNYQC - my wife's the B.Sc. in environmental planning, I'm
just an amateur - I *very* likely gave you NAD83 numbers, since
they're GPS-compatible (which I reckon is based on NAD83?). This may
partially explain the violent difference in longitude between our
numbers, and does explain why it generated a point apparently north
of the markers.

using NADCON on NGS's site to convert to NAD27, the numbers would end
up N 45d00m38s84743 W 73d20m36s82541, which still appears too far
north -- although that location isn't obscenely off as to be north of
both markers (whether you use NAD27 or NAD83 numbers vs. IBC's).

I agree that your averaging is probably a fair indication, since the
VTNY border seems to run very close to the middle of the two
markers. I'm hoping for on-site visuals to be of some help as well.
All of this, of course, still assumes that the river will freeze.

The tripoint will be what I make it to be, dammit! :D

Now, we were discussing donuts, I believe...

--Jay Di Battista
Plattsburgh, NY
WPTZ-TV