Subject: Re: CRNI (?) Costa Rica - Nicaragua dispute
Date: Nov 10, 2002 @ 05:41
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

yes crni
& you can easily check any diglyphs at our bottom link

interesting that costa rica is the rich man of central america
with lots of american expatriates etc
& the transition when you cross crni is like night & day
so it seems almost natural that they would build a mxus type of
wall to discourage illegal entry by their poorer neighbors too

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Doug Murray Productions"
<doug@d...> wrote:

> From the Tico Times (27-9-2002)
>
> Residents facing eviction say new border markers were put in
the wrong place.
> The incessant drizzle only exacerbates the thick humidity
enveloping 70 Costa Rican campesinos and community leaders
gathered in the local schoolyard to discuss the fate of their town.

> Displaying detailed maps of the border, community leader
Augusto Rodríguez explains to the residents of México de Upala
that a 100-year-old mistake by Costa Rican surveyors now
threatens the existence of their 250-year-old agricultural hamlet.

> -- The rest of the article requires a subscription.
>
> ----- and ----
>
> (Aug 27, 2001)
> A wall has raised a new controversy between Costa Rica and
Nicaragua.

> Costa Rican authorities began constructing the two-meter-high
wall in January near the Nicaraguan border crossing at Peñas
Blancas, 400 kilometers north of the capital. The barrier sparked
a diplomatic crisis, because Nicaraguan officials interpreted it
as a move to block undocumented Nicaraguan immigrants from
entering Costa Rica.

> ---
>
> There was also a picture. Does anyone know any more about
either story?