Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] CAUS - Quebec-Vermont Gas
Date: Nov 05, 2002 @ 09:53
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <kevin@...>)

Karolis,

>while not including even a EU memebr Greece

I would guess because there have threats or actual attacks against US
interests by Greek terrorist groups (at least in the past). There has
traditionally been a lot of hostility in Greece towards the US as they were
perceived to have supported the former military dictatorship.

>but including Slovenia - non EU, central european, while leaving out the
>rest of
>central europe.

Maybe they don't have machine-readable passports ;-)

FYI, I found this document on the web that explains the conditions that
must be fulfilled for a country to participate in the Visa Waiver Programme:

http://travel.state.gov/vwp.html

Regards,

Kevin Meynell