Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] US Border Controls and Canada -- an editorial
Date: Nov 04, 2002 @ 18:12
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <kevin@...>)

>But here's the thing: What grounds do Canadians have for thinking they
>should be exempt from U.S. border controls?

This is border paranoia at its best. It's completely mystifing to an
outsider why two nations that share a similar heritage, cultural values and
economic system should have any border controls between them at all. It's
not like it's easy to sneak across undetected into Canada from a third
country, and lest we forget, the 9/11 terrorists entered the US on
legitimate passports issued by a 'friendly' country.

Cheers,

Kevin Meynell