Subject: Re: Helgoland and Neuwerk
Date: Nov 02, 2002 @ 21:13
Author: anton_zeilinger ("anton_zeilinger" <anton_zeilinger@...>)

Hi,

> neuwerk has been a hot topic here
> since raised by arif in 1090
> & crescendoing to your question in 3313 3318 3319 3322 3327
> but especially 3339 & 3340 by peter & harry
> & still shaking thru the early 5000s

Oops, I knew there had been some discussion already... Oh, well...

> So Helgoland is something like a third-level
> pene-
> > exclave, right? Or is it a "real" exclave?
>
> a real tertiary clave judging from your description
> & in the case of claves tho not of multipoints we have been
> reserving the idea of the third order or third degree if not also
the
> third level etc for a cosmically unique international bengali
triple
> backflip clave also originally brought by arif

Yea, I meant a "tertiary" exclave, not, of course those unique
Bangladeshi-Indian thingies. Wrong word, I need to brush up on my
boundarypointer vocabulary.

> hamburg probably annexed neuwerk at the time it was planning
> to make it into its seaport
> but that plan never came to anything

After having been part of Hamburg since the 13th century, during the
3rd Reich it was apparently incorporated into the City of Cuxhaven
and after 1945 into the Bundesland Niedersachsen, and only in 1969
did it return to Hamburg.

Well, I'll go back to vocabulary studies...

Greetings,
AntonZ