Subject: Re: Mike's comments on movement of ksmone
Date: Oct 13, 2002 @ 00:37
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

exactly jack
& as usual you & lewis & clark got there first

it is also nice to realize
they rowed right thru what has become the old ksmone slough
where i merely slogged
up to my calves in quickmud & catfish

but i must say
my relative pat was taking a bit of womens liberty with sacajawea
for the expedition had passed not only ksmone but iamone &
ianesd as well before they ever picked her up
or any other girls for that matter
having by then made it on their own well into north dakota

but at least i think i preceded everyone to idorwa in hells canyon
which they all missed thanx to her leading them down the
clearwater to lewiston & clarkston
just below all the whitewater
even if they did also see oruswa 197 years before me
& 149 years before it even came into existence

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "jparsell" <jparsell@n...> wrote:
> The shift of this tripoint may explains why we had trouble
> locating the old cast iron monument marking the starting point
> of the base line of the 6th Principal Meridian. The distance
> from the river bank to the monument was much too short and
thus
> must have been from the original riverbank many years ago.
We
> were looking out on the flood plain and the monument is up on
> the high bluff to the west.
>
> Also, I noticed that on page 25 of the congressional hearing on
> this boundary, that apparent women's libber and possible
relative
> of Mike, the Hon. Pat Danner from Missouri stated in her
closing
> remarks, "And I would be remiss in not mentioning that one of
the
> reasons Lewis and Clark were so sucessful in finally
navigating