Subject: Re: reply to Mike D
Date: Oct 06, 2002 @ 16:16
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

dear peter capo of the world class
many thanxxx for weighing in on these several points
& for giving me this chance to intertwingle with you

> I really enjoyed your exciting story about your trespassing into
> Mexico some years ago

i know my mentioning it so much makes it seem like many years
ago but it has actually been less than10 months since i first
reported it as a current event in message 5190

> YES, in the Schengen area we can enjoy tripoints without any
fear,
> maybe it's even boring sometimes (could be compared to the
inner
> US-tps...)

hahaha
now i didnt mean i need to terrorize myself to avoid boredom
hahaha
tho i admit i am a bit of an adrenaline junkie
as perhaps we all are or we wouldnt be here at bp

but i cant imagine boredom in the same breath with active
trypointing of any kind
at any level
anywhere
for they seem to be such opposites
even after a dozen years of intensive play

> But still, the Eastern European tripoints ARE interesting,
because
> it's kind of "virgin" country going there... during Communist
times
> access to these tps was either impossible or very difficult.
> That's why the members of July's GEEBE enjoyed these new
points
> so much...!!!

to be sure
i understand perfectly about virgin country
even tho still a tricountry virgin myself
having visited half of the 85 primary multipoints of the usa by the
time i finally learned of jacks book about them or encountered
any other interest in them for that matter
& having gone on to visit nearly all the others subsequently

> and there are so many more interesting tps in Eastern Europe:
some
> of them to be "conquered" by next year's GBBE to the Baltic
states-

this i understand less well
for i like to think more in terms of communion with these points
than conquest of them
since i so love to experience the point & the pointer as being one

> AND: I think many of us freaks are looking forward to the final
> agreement on former YU tripoints - "down there" there's a huge
area
> full of highly interesting tripoints... AL,BA, GR, MK, TR - so, a
new
> expedition to the Southeast of Europe will most certainly come
into
> effect in a couple of years -

fantastic news
i rejoice in anticipation

and MAYBE there might even be the
> possibility of then seeing some of our most appreciated
members of BP
> (is there a mirror close to you, Mike?)participating...!!!

haha
thank you again mlord
i am absolutely with you on all your trypointing expeditions
but you know i am practically under house arrest here in the
lower 48 since i am so fond of illegal drugs & comfort

sure i manage to bust out every now & then
like for a spontaneous mexican or mohawk caper
& i have even deliberately run the customs gantlet for such a
momentous occasion as the 2000 viking comillennium in
newfoundland & labrador

but places like turkey etc are most forbidding to me
as well as a jeopardy to any expedition i might join
as i think you can imagine
so i will continue to derive vicarious satisfaction from you & the
others who do go there

indeed this continues to be my strong motivation for doing bp
i mean since i cant very well do the globetrotting myself
i just let my fingers & eyeballs do the walking

brian will recall we began collecting the world class tripoints at
the old corner corner site & racked up about a dozen virtual visits
there by the time bill discovered us in the spring of 2000 &
created this means of bringing the exploits of people like
yourselves to our awareness

so i remain your great admirer & follower
& i think of you nowadays even more than usual
as autumnal splendor returns to your beloved west cornwall

truly