Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] EU or not on the Euro
Date: Sep 20, 2002 @ 11:37
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <kevin@...>)

>The European Commonwealth of Nations – or the European Reich ? ;-)))

The organisation I work for uses the term 'Trans-European' to cover Europe,
North Africa and the Middle East. Unfortunately, this still has the problem
that 'European' is in the name.

I would personally favour 'Eurasian Union' and the advantage would be that
it wouldn't require a change of ISO code. Unfortunately, this name wouldn't
work if African countries joined, but then maybe we could use
'Afro-Eurasian Union' ;-)

>Actually the map on the coins is supposed to show EU member countries,
>regardless if they use the Euro or not

This really shows how absurd the design is ;-)

>Cyprus is Europe.

I agree, so does every Cypriot I've ever met, and it's always included
within Europe with respect to everything I do. One wonders what the UN were
thinking when they defined it as being part of Asia :-(

Regards,

Kevin Meynell