Subject: Re: dkc
Date: Sep 09, 2002 @ 20:55
Author: ps1966nl ("ps1966nl" <smaardijk@...>)

OK, Vikings can read, the rest'll have to settle for the pics.

Only joking, mate.

But seriously, I guess DKC is calculated without the Faeroer and
Greenland. If a centre of the possessions of H.M. the Queen of
Denmark had to be picked, it could end up in the salty wet part of
the planet.

Which brings me to my pondering subject of today: what if a country
has such a form that the centre falls outside of its (dry or wet)
boundaries? I don't know where NOC is located, but it just might be
in Sweden. And HRC could very probably be somewhere in Bosnia and
Herzegowina. Would it be signposted (let alone monumented)?

Furthermore a belated note of appreciation to Jesper and the Pozor
group accomplishments (not "pozorno", as in Russian, at all), and
just keep up informing us of your visits to boundaries & points. I
like them both, and lines deserve as much attention as points, in my
opinion.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...> wrote:
> But the non-vikings can look at pictures.
>
> Jesper

Service.

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Service.