Subject: Re: Lake Ceresio
Date: Sep 06, 2002 @ 16:32
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Marco:
> I just wanted to know if anybody of you knew about Lake Ceresio,
> which, to the best of my knowledge, is the only lake in the world
> wich is crossed by six border lines.
We did, but I for one didn't know it by that name or think about it
in this way, so many thanks for posting it!
I've always known it as Lake Lugano, and didn't find out it was the
same place as Ceresio until I researched your posting. Can you
explain why it has two Italian names?
It's crossed by the Swiss/Italian border at both its western and
eastern ends, and in between is the Italian exclave of Campione
d'Italia, which includes part of the lake itself - so six border
crossings for the circumnavigation. Lovely.

Grant