Subject: Re: Minor Stuff
Date: Sep 04, 2002 @ 15:40
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

actually i should correct myself here too
since anybody can see this by dialing up brattleboro at topozone

the manmade dry nhw point does appear to be on the bridge as stated
below
but this really isnt absolute nhw either
which is actually a rather problematic point
a wetpoint a couple hundred yards nnw of the bridge

because of the vernon dam about 5 miles downstream
the river is artificially elevated here
so you can see the nhvt line not exactly hugging the right bank
as it was originally designed to do
but wandering along somewhat within the stream
following the historical bank line

this is a typical result of a dam alteration
& the situation is probably similar at manhvt tho not as exaggerated
& also occurs with some tripoints on the ohio river & elsewhere

so we can actually distinguish 3 distinct nhw points
true nhw above the bridge
manmade dry nhw on the bridge
& natural dry nhw or butler nhw for short
on the island just as brian originally claimed