Subject: Re: Minor Stuff
Date: Sep 01, 2002 @ 19:18
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "bjbutlerus" <bjbutler@b...> wrote:
> I had the chance to do some minor pointing yesterday, visiting the
> westernmost point of land in New Hampshire on a little island in
the
> Connecticut River just east of Brattleboro, VT. This is an easy
> point.

not so fast please
actually since nh owns the ct river nhw isnt on the island at all
but is on the bridge just where it reaches the right bank at
brattleboro

you just must have thought the bridge was wet because the river is wet
but the bridge is dry
& nhw is on it or beneath it
even by your own drypointing standards
or do i misrepresent them to you

more below

Take NH 119 as far west as you can. You can park on the S
> side of the road on the island and walk to the extreme point, which
> is a few feet N of the bridge pilings.
>
> On the way home, I followed NH/MA 63 south and checked out the
> Pauchaug public boat ramp on the Connecticut River in Northfield,
MA.
> This is a mere 0.8 miles south of the MA-NH-VT tri-point and, in my
> opinion, the best approach. The boat ramp does not appear on the
> most recent topo maps.
>
> Mike, I think you launched a canoe here the day before our joint
> attempt on MANHVT from the west.

yes
i found manhvt that evening to within about 20 feet of the truth
without a gps
class c

but it took your genius to sniff out the second witness post
without which our probable class b visit couldnt have been made
even with gps
in those days before selective availability was turned off

we still need to return to dig up the mud turtle there under the
right low water conditions