Subject: Re: Towns across borders
Date: Aug 30, 2002 @ 20:11
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

back in june
message 6735

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "djtilque" <dtilque@n...> wrote:
> When a border splits a municipal area, the towns on either side
> usually have different names. But sometimes they have the same
name.
> As far as I can tell, this is purely a North American phenomenon,
but
> if not, I'm sure someone will tell me so.
>
> Anyway, I've compiled a list of these border towns that have the
same
> name. I've only included those where both towns are incorporated.
> There's some others where one or both are not incorporated, such as
> Marydel, MD/DE. And I'm not sure about Flin Flon MB/SK. The large
> part in MB is incorporated, but I can't find any evidence that the
> small bit in SK is.
>
> The list is at the link below. If anyone knows of additions, please
> let me know.
>
> http://www.nwlink.com/~dtilque/Split_towns.html
>
> --
> Dan Tilque

i just want to congratulate dan on this original & interesting try
which tho not strictly multipointing did generate over 20 responses
all of them well meaning of course
tho none really to the exact point of his request
or so i gather & presume
as there were apparently no changes made by him at the above site
but i would also like to suggest one possible addition myself
the mxus border town of naco in arizona & sonora
with best wishes