Subject: Re: More Minor Stuff
Date: Aug 30, 2002 @ 19:20
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "bjbutlerus" <bjbutler@b...> wrote:
> Just got back from a trip to Rhode Island during which I visted RIE,
> the eastermost point in RI, on the beach

i agree
dry rie
more minor than anything
indeed the most minor visit stuff yet reported here

yes i know it may seem like just another moderated extremity
& thus only moderately minor as usual
being no more minor than your many others of this genre
but this particular moderate extreme is actually of our smallest state
so i think minicongrats are definitely in order for it

btw the true easternmost point in rhode island
aka true rie
or simply rie if you will tho i expect you wont
is about 3nm sse of dry rie
& being precisely coincident with the federal tripoint marius is thus
not minor at all
but is one of the only 85 primary multipoints of the entire usa

you may actually have viewed &or photographed this marius rie too
however inadvertently
if only you &or your camera faced directly out to sea from dry rie
as is likely
& provided of course that the weather was fair enough

i think it is also fair enough to say that even true extremities are
minor stuff
in our original bp terms
unless they are also multipoints like true rie aka marius
or perhaps when presented as an ensemble of all 4 components
of a completely true extremity or news tour of a place
tho even this may be stretching our multipointing concept just a bit
too much

yes i know our original terms keep getting stretched farther &
farther out of shape in members imagination
stretched in fact into anything anyone likes by now
& of course that is well if they really like them
so in this case less really is more
it would seem
& thus very nicely done