Subject: Re: back
Date: Aug 28, 2002 @ 01:12
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., jesniel@i... wrote:
> Great to have you back, Mike.
>
> However, I am very surprised that our 9 GEEBE tripoints could
not even deserve
> a comment from you :-( / :-)

hej jesper my alter eguy
for it is great to be great together with you
& you know full well it was you who woke me up in message
6848
for i really did intend to sleep in til 7777
but it is too much fun around here to stay away very long
so that was my first response exactly as you predicted
& it is just taking me a little time to comment more specifically

you know i love to kibitz the tripointing tries of others almost as
much as i love making my own tries
so i may even comment all the way back to message 6666 now
while also trying to keep abreast of what is current
& i wish others would also mix more kibitzing in with their
trypointing too
for at our best & most we are an audience participation sport as
well as a free for all
dont you agree

anyway my overwhelming response to 6848 was once again that
of tremendous appreciation & gratitude to all the participants for
making it possible for me & all of us here to see all these places
with our own eyes as well as vicariously thru all yours just as it
was my dominant response to gcebe & the earlier summary you
gave in message 3927

would i have done anything differently than you
yes of course
while also respecting everything you did do

& with the benefit of the hindsight we all now have
i think you all might have done some things differently too

& it is so easy to second guess & be the monday morning
quarterback
i know
i know
but here are some comments & suggestions for future tries
since i believe you do want my candid opinions
just as much as i would like yours
for whatever they all might be worth now or later

the geebe atczsk try improves on the gcebe atczsk try
all the way from class e to class c evidently
tho you seem to be blocking our view of the point itself
unless there is a more deliberate class c pic of it somewhere
not that this heroic tricountry pic is anything to sneeze at

& of course one wishes for a class b in cases like this
if the thalweg junction can somehow be discerned & reached

& the same sense of having blocked &or turned away from the
point itself seems to obtain for the huskua try

by contrast i am reminded of your gcebe czdepl pic
in which one can fancy or actually read the tripoint in the water

the incredible czplsk shot seems to indicate that you could have
reached out & put your finger on the tripoint at the trickle junction
for a first wet class a visit in history
& perhaps you actually did just that albeit without photographing
this culmination

plskua too looks like a potential class a visit if the monument
marks the tripoint as i imagine from your data
but again there is nobody actually making the point in your pic

contrast this with your fantastic gcebe bedenl shot of all 7
members performing a multidimensional or at least a multiple
class a visit

your huroyu too tho a wonderful tricountry photo gives us a class
d tripoint visit whereas we imagine or wish it had been made
class a

it is unfair of me to put it this way as the point probably was
made class a in reality by someone if not everyone
perhaps even in some other photo we just havent seen here yet

your huroua pic is the most beautiful one so i am guessing &
wishing you actually nailed the point class c in center frame but
cant tell yet & would like to know

when 2 possibilities exist as at huhryu & hrhusi i like to try both
points so i can be right at least three ways
twice for the present & no matter what the eventual outcome
but perhaps that was not practical here with limited time etc

& finally your geebe athusk pic has the virtue of suggesting that
rolf at least might actually be visiting here class a in the moment
of truth & communion tho it is hard to see
while your gcebe athusk is a better pic of the actual tripoint even
if only class c
so perhaps both kinds of pix together are the perfect
documentation
& i am glad you returned if only to complete that

jesper i surmise that our differences in style & approach
probably all derive from the fact that you all are self proclaimed
border freaks while i am only interested in the multipointing per
se & could hardly care less about the borders except as they
relate to the multipoints
a subtle but real difference in taste & results

i realize for some of us bp only means boundary place
& thats perfectly ok with me but its not me

how could one be very punctilious if attending more to the lines
than the points
especially when the lines often seem to widen into whole
monuments or even whole rivers

clearly one couldnt

it is simply not conducive to the same result

but no matter
especially if we are all pointing at whatever pleases us

anyway i do wish this my try to give the comments you seek &
certainly do deserve pleases you somehow one & all