Subject: Re: TriPoint Attempt?
Date: Aug 26, 2002 @ 20:25
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "bumpa50_1999" <hanrahan@k...>
wrote:
> That has me wondering what gaps in the boundary vista, if any,
might
> exist on the caus boundary. I remember crossing the border
on I-87
> near Rouses Point, NY about 20 years ago. Looking west, the
boundary
> was marked by a rather short chain link fence running through
> relatively thick vegetation (plus a monument located adjacent
to the
> highway) but I didn't see any clear cut vista at that time.

hey bill & company

as previously reported circa messages 168 thru 233
theres also no clearcut vista anywhere within the international
akwesasne reservation

it is mostly just impenetrable thicket there
plus occasionally some barbed wire within that

but there is also another kind of vista gap there
the wide open cityscape of downtown saint regis
the mohawk capital
a possibly unique case of this anywhere upon caus

& this city is at the same time on a peninsula that is a perfect
reversal of point roberts
but the border isnt fenced or guarded there at all
& is almost never noticed as such an anomaly

you just walk around like normal

must be seen to be believed tho
imo the coolest spot on caus

of course it is highly permeable to smuggling
which is a major mohawk industry

such multi oddity falls very near nyonqc
or just at the opposite end of the 45th parallel nyqc sector of the
caus line from the spot you visited at rouses point very near
nyqcvt

so maybe they forgot to clearcut the entire nyqc line
or possibly even the whole 45th parallel from nhqcvt to nyonqc
yikes
i dont know
a highly speculative extrapolation from too little data

but i have heard quite a few reports of missing clearcuts all over
caus
& have a feeling they really arent all that rare
& occur owing to various mostly local causes
notwithstanding all the received truth to the contrary

multidimensionally yours as ever