Subject: Re: Info for BC-ID-WA and BC-ID-MT tri-points?
Date: Jul 20, 2002 @ 20:03
Author: bjbutlerus ("bjbutlerus" <bjbutler@...>)

I'll be very interested in the results of your attempts. I am
planning a major excursion for next summer that will involve attempts
on these points. Please keep us up to date.

By the way, you might try to get additional information from the
supervisor of the Kaniksu National Forest, which encompasses both
points (or at least the southern half of both points). I did not ask
about boundary monuments but I did receive some information on the
forest roads near the BC-ID-MT tri-point. One of those roads runs to
a clear-cut less than 1 km from the tri-point. Basically, the roads
can be used by mere mortals for foot travel only.

Have you looked at the Canadian topo maps that border these points? I
have noticed that sometimes the Canadian topos show monuments not
shown on the US topos and vice versa.

My guess is that both points are monumented, but obviously not with
the standard international boundary monuments. You'll probably find a
cairn at least.

BJB