Subject: Re: To all: visiting Sankovo-Medvezhe
Date: Jul 13, 2002 @ 12:37
Author: ps1966nl ("ps1966nl" <smaardijk@...>)

None whatsoever. It's very difficult to find anything about
San'kovo/Medvezhe on the internet. The only Russian site that
mentions it is a government site saying that it is a hazardous area
because of the Chernobyl radiation contamination...

You can see part of the enclave at
http://www.bryansk.org/geo/maps/brobl/map_24i.jpg (top left corner).
Here the two villages are called San'kov (without the o) and
Medvezhe. "San'kova" is a typo, by the way.

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "granthutchison" <granthutchison@b...>
wrote:
> Everyone:
> I've just received a query from an American traveller who is
planning
> to go to Belarus this year, and is also hoping to visit the Sankova-
> Medvezhe Russian enclave while he is there. He is (not
surprisingly)