Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Old German Boundary Marker
Date: Jul 10, 2002 @ 09:48
Author: Jan S. Krogh ("Jan S. Krogh" <la9qca@qsl.net>)

It seems very likely you are right!
Enclosed is a photo of the marker mentioned from the southern shore of Lake Vistytis. It was said it was destroyed by the Russians in 1940, and that it had a German Eagle on the top. At the Lithuanian border guard museum there might be samples of the authentic boundary markers from the delt border.
Diameter of the bm on this photo is about 12 cm.

Jan