Subject: Re: For you tripoint freaks - CS-DDR-BRD photo
Date: Jul 01, 2002 @ 06:59
Author: anorak222 ("anorak222" <wolfi.junkmail@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "strataflorida" <dbirch@c...> wrote:
> --- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "anorak222" <wolfi.junkmail@s...> wrote:
> > Thank you. I actually lived close for a while, it was a
destination
> > for weekend trips now and then.
>
> How did the "fence" along the DDR/BRD border come to an end? Was
> there any special fortification to stop anyone from crossing from
the
> DDR to the BRD via a few metres of CS territory?

The fence was a wall there actually. It didn't end at the tripoint,
but seemed to continue along the DDR/CZ border, presumably until it
met the Czech fence/wall or whatever they had. The Czech border
fortifications were out of sight from the West, they must have been
further back.

Regards