Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Former Belgian-German border in Burg-Reuland?
Date: Jun 07, 2002 @ 17:46
Author: JC.Deeleman ("JC.Deeleman" <deeleman@concepts.nl>)

Manfred,
What you wrote was very interesting and for me a big surprise as well ! The
book you refer you seems more reliable than a TV-film, but.....
After a long look at the map, I can explain some things.
Near Burg-Reuland the border is not the river Our. At Boundarystone 74 and
75 the border leaves the Our to go south-east. That makes that Burg Reuland
is not in the direct neighbourhood of any border. Zum Jägerhaus seems to
exist, according to the map ! And it's situated on the border as well !
It's quiet possible that there has been a small correction of the border in
the last years. But it's less as you expected it to be, isn't it ?
Next sunday I'm in the neighbourhood of Burg Reuland. I'll make some
pictures of the Jägerhaus !
The map I include now explains a lot.
Kind regards, Jannis Deeleman
www.tripoints.tk