Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] BOUNDARYPOINT *VIRUS ALERT*
Date: May 14, 2002 @ 23:26
Author: Bill Hanrahan ("Bill Hanrahan" <hanrahan@...>)

Thanks Gerard...good information!

Bill
-----Original Message-----
From: Gerard J Keating [mailto:gerard@...]
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 6:58 PM
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com

> The "W32/Klez.h@MM" virus was apparently detected with respect to
> message #6474, titled "A very funny website".  The poster has been
> notified and his posting priviliges have been temporarily suspended
> so that he can take steps to disinfect his system.  The message in
> question has been deleted from theboard.

A "feature" of this virus is that is tends to fake the "from" portion of the
email. Often the apparent poster is not the person whom sent it, but maybe a
correspondent of the actually sender.

We were getting Klez in work a lot last month, all the messages "claimed" to
come from our Rome office, but if one inspected the header, it was actually
coming from the Madrid office...