Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Can a point also be a border?
Date: Apr 21, 2002 @ 03:10
Author: Bill Hanrahan ("Bill Hanrahan" <hanrahan@...>)

I suppose it actually  comes down to theoretical mathematics or physics with regard to how the "border" is defined.  It's true that no existing entity can pass from Colorado to Arizona without involving New Mexico and/or Utah.  But yet, that point singularity does exist by virtue of the existence of the"real" borders.  But if we're talking apples to apples, a singularity crossing that point singularity does leave Colorado for Arizona.  Maybe we should say that the point is not a border in the physical world, but is a border as defined by a mathematical model.  Maybe it just comes down that the point is not a border as defined by shape, but is as defined by concept.

Bill