Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Can a point also be a border?
Date: Apr 20, 2002 @ 23:36
Author: David Mark (David Mark <dmark@...>)

In geographic information systems back in the 1970s, we used to use a term
"half-neighbor". In a checkerboard, each square has 4 'full neighbors' (of
the opposite color to the current square), and four half-neighbors (same
color), for a total of six neighbors. Just as each brick in a wall has
six neighbors.

David