Subject: Re: bonazazi?
Date: Apr 17, 2002 @ 18:41
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "granthutchison" <granthutchison@b...>
wrote:
> > Since I am new to this list, not sure whether this got
> > discussed before. Do Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe and
> > Zambia form a quadpoint near Vitoria Falls or there
> > are tripoints lying close to one another?
> BoNaZaZi! You've independently invented my abbreviation for this
> point, which brought down contumely on my head when I first ventured
> it. It's poor practice because its based on neither ISO nor FIPS
> digraphs; but we know what we mean, don't we?
> This has been extensively discussed on this list. I think a short
> summary would be that a quadripoint is vanishingly unlikely, since
it
> would require a surveyed border line (Bot/Zim) to intersect the
> Bot/Nam/Zam tripoint (at the precise confluence point of the Zambezi
> and Chobe rivers), by chance rather than design. So the quadripoint
> decays into two tripoints, but the exact location of the confluence
> (upstream or downstream of the surveyed border line) seems to be
> unknown.
> So we're 99.99999% certain there's no quadripoint, but feel that
> probably *no-one* knows whether the short border segment between the
> two tripoints is Zambia/Botwana or Namibia/Zimbabwe.
> Michael, who keeps track of these things, will most likely be able
> quote specific postings you can refer back to, and perhaps also give
> the URL of his scan of the original article on the topic
> from "African Boundaries".
>
> Grant

contumely
whatt are you talking about man
certainly not in message 5035 when your bonazazi try as you reported
in message 3094 finally earned you the only nomination for visitor of
the year 2001
nor messages 3104 or 3115 when your visit was first kibitzed & hailed
in real time
or perhaps message 3192
but no
only the highest regard everywhere for your deviancy

but if you really wanted some contumely
well we are not even sure what it is
but maybe we could send you out for some in exchange for those
longwinded new triglyphs you have been promoting & complicating things
still further with
just kidding of course