Subject: Re: Ethiopia/Eritrea Border
Date: Apr 16, 2002 @ 14:35
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

nice instant tripoint coverage
& we will need to add these new improved data to our ongoing african
tripointing file

btw as a punctologist i find the notion that boundaries or wars etc
cost lives as hard to swallow as the similarly prevalent notion that
seatbelts save lives

for one thing
we come & go at will

& for another
life & lives are never really lost nor saved
but just transformed perhaps

another illusion of individuation in physical reality

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "ps1966nl" <smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> So no tripoint djeret established yet:
>
> "Article I of the 1908 Treaty provides that the boundary, running
> southeast and at distance of 60 km from the coast, continues until
it
> joins "the frontier of theFrench possessions of Somalia." The
> reference to "the French possessions of Somalia" is understood by
the
> Parties to refer to the State of Djibouti, which has succeeded
> to "the French possessions of Somalia." The 1908 Treaty does not
> establish a particular place on the frontier with Djibouti which
> would become a tripoint by virtue of the Treaty of 1908, but relies
> upon the 60 km formula to establish the location of the tripoint.
The

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1930000/19306