Subject: Re: re places with few to zero tripoints
Date: Apr 11, 2002 @ 17:40
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

it is strange that the 2 versions dont agree
& also that the cia seems to agree with both of us

according to it
greenlands lonely only major domestic tripoint
based on the eskimo names for north & east & west
is dkgl3avkitu
tho there are also the numerous members of dkgl4 shown on your map
apparently including the avkitu point among them
albeit with that weirdly reformed conjunction

but i think sweden has a similarly strange overlap among its
provinces & counties
as well as a similarly strange subdivision of its national parks
so maybe this just reflects regional tradition

yet we are surprised & diverted practically everywhere if we expect
subdivisional reality to conform to the simple hierarchy of our
notational system