Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: TopoZone - Washington quad county point
Date: Apr 04, 2002 @ 05:06
Author: Jack Parsell ("Jack Parsell" <jparsell@...>)

Michael,
I agree that it is not highly probable that there is a little pool
of water in the pass with the water having difficulty deciding
which way to descend, although I've seen that in the Adirondacks.
The distance between the 4920 ft. contour lines on each side of the
pass is less than 200 ft. and the drainages line up cartographically,
but I guess a single precise point is too much to hope for. It looks
like pretty rough terrain with 2000 ft gain in elevation from the
nearest paved road so I don't plan to check it out. It would be
nice to know though.
Jack