Subject: Re: cignlr map
Date: Apr 03, 2002 @ 23:46
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

peter
you are the master of the technique of matching photography to topo
maps so i need your help for confirmation here but it now seems to me
that your map here might be used to locate the tripoint position in
this darkhorse pic from marcels last link
http://yekepa.digitalfarmers.com/GIFandJPGs/1960_bernt3.jpg
giving marcel a clear if still presumptive class d visit rather than
just a vague class e

the pic would seem to face southwest & the tripoint would seem to
fall on the low point of the saddle just above & to the right of the
center of the pic
for the ridge line appears more or less the same as the visible trail
& the nuon would in that case fall off to the left from that saddle

do you see this too or is it just my wishful thinking