Subject: Re: Offshoot query
Date: Mar 30, 2002 @ 22:00
Author: granthutchison ("granthutchison" <granthutchison@...>)

Michael:
> i mean wont you have done all the spadework even if your summary
> presentation doesnt show all the details
Well, I'm treating land and sea out to the EEZ limit as a single
unit, so Brunei is all one part at that level. But its border with
Malaysia goes sea-land-sea-land-sea, since all the equidistance maps
I've seen give Malaysia a little spike of territorial waters
intruding between the two land areas of Brunei, but zone-locked by
the united Brunei EEZ. I did try to come up with some compact way of
reflecting that complexity in my spreadsheet, but I'm stumped.
(The same applies to Angola+Cabinda and the Congo DR, according to
Jane's - The Angolan EEZ is united, cutting off Congo from a border
with Everyone's Land. Someday soon I'll revise Perfs & Frags to
reflect that.)

Grant