Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Offshoot query
Date: Mar 30, 2002 @ 18:47
Author: m donner ("m donner" <maxivan82@...>)

>From: Arif

>About the Brunei one, Brunei claims they are connected
>and claims an extended territorial sea, which comes to
>include parts of Spratly (or is it the Paracels).
>However, I don't think Malaysia likes that idea and

>they, I think, divide Brunei in two

arif you are right about the existence of that larger disagreement & about what malaysia may like

but given the actual configuration along the coast just there & given standard practice including median lines etc it is hard to imagine how malaysia could prevent brunei from maintaining normal international rights to enough territorial sea to integrate its territory