Subject: Re: Offshoot query
Date: Mar 28, 2002 @ 14:03
Author: shocktm ("shocktm" <andrew@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., <amar6277@y...> wrote:
> May be slightly offshoot. I am intrigued by countries
> like Azerbaijan which consists of two parts which are
> not connected by land and neither of which are
> islands. One another that I recall is Kaliningrad of
> Russia. How many other instances are there of a
> country having two or more of such separate parts?

If you count only countries with outliers that are not
enclaves/exclaves you would have:

Angola (Cabinda)
Azerbaijan (Naxcivan)
Brunei (Two Sections seperated by Malaysia)
East Timor (Oecussi-Ambeno)
Oman (Musandam)
Russia (Kalingrad)
Spain (Ceuta and Melilla)
UK (Cypriot SBA)
US (Alaska)

If you are counting the above and exclaves/enclaves see the entries
at:

http://www.vasa.abo.fi/users/rpalmber/enclaves.htm

-Andrew