Subject: Re: Border Crossing Hitlist
Date: Mar 27, 2002 @ 18:38
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@y..., "Jesper & Nicolette Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> Well Grant
>
> Did you cross that border between Kenya and Tanzania, and that of
Uzbekistan-Turkmenistan? Offcourse you did! And I am sure these are
highlights of your border career. And I envy you.

jesper i trust that this is only a cumbersome translation & that you
really mean you enjoy grants accomplishments vicariously thru knowing
& appreciating him as we all do

bp is at least partly dedicated to the idea that everyone can own
everything of what we are all doing & reporting

at least i would like to say i feel that way & so i only rejoice to
learn of all your accomplishments

also do you think you could make us a tripoint counter to go with the
boundary hitlist

but may i say i would like to just count 1 hit per tripoint
with quality level adjustable upwards thru classes e d c b & a

it might only be for the world class tripoints for starters
& perhaps just for the 7 countries already opened up etc
but it might grow into a global scoreboard for all levels if there
was interest

> I got some points myself crossing a border running around tripoints
on GCEBE, and will get more conquests on GEEBE. So Grant enjoy the
fun, and checks these crossings.

> Everyone's Land is not on IBRU's list and so you cannot count it.
>
> Jesper

Hitlist!
> How "official" do you require the border crossings to be? No
doubt
> many of us will have land border crossings which have not
involved
> official crossing points. For me, five:
> Crampons/iceaxe: Switzerland/Italy, France/Spain
> A quick, anxious run across a "closed" border: Kenya/Tanzania
> An ex-Soviet road: Uzbekistan/Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan/Turkmenistan
> I think that will be a fairly short list compared to many
informal
> border-crossers.
> Oh, and I've been to Antarctica: do you count that as a landing
in
> Everyone's Land? And if I left from Argentina and returned to
Chile,
> do I get two border crossings?
>
> Grant
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor